Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Press Release

April 1, 2009
Portland, Oregon

For Immediate Release

Formerly an unattached Privateer, Brian Johnson, who races both off-road and cyclocross, has decided that 2009 "will be the season of more cookies!"

"Over the past couple few seasons I've come to the realization that there aren't enough cookies on my training table and in my jersey pockets. While some folks might think that cookies can be found just about anywhere, this is not true-- especially of gluten-free cookies. Their additional cost and relative scarcity make including them in a training regimen, in any meaningful way, quite difficult. I plan to change that for 2009. To quote that blue furry guy 'Me want cookie!'"

Mr. Johnson has been seriously involved in "middle-of-the-pack" racing since 2006, and will be placing a greater emphasis on mountain bike events for the 2009 season.

"I know that some might look at my results and ask 'Where's the top 30 placing? Are you even in this list... Oh-- here you are. Down here.' but I like to think that I'm doing more that just going 'round and 'round in circles. I'm trying to focus on my message of inclusion... and cookies. You CAN eat your cookies AND have your race, too!"

No comments: