Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What? What happened to summer?

It's summertime and the living is easy...

It seems like I've got just a few more days of that. It doesn't help that my wife is a teacher and she stays busy with summer-school-- she winds up with just a few weeks of actual off-time. And those seem to go by so quickly.

However, we no longer have a deck in the back of our 70's ranch-style home. Just a frame right now. Watch your step out the back door-- it's a doozy and then you'll wind up breaking yourself on a couple of the joists. Oof!

My dad came up to help but the weather hasn't cooperated. First we had temps breaking 100 and then it was followed by rain! Oh and then there were the damn termites and carpenter ants busy eating my house.

So what does this have to do with me and the bikes? We haven't seen much of each other the last 10 days. Boo hoo.

This weekend, though. The forecast looks sunny and I plan on being out there.

Yeah yeah... the deck will get some attention, too.

No comments: